Considering a career as an accountant?
- Do you enjoy solving problems?
- Are you ambitious and proactive?
- Can you see patterns and anomalies in numbers/data?
- Did you enjoy maths and get above a B at GCSE
- Do you enjoy study and want further qualifications?
If yes, then we could be the right firm for you.
Useful A levels:
- Further Maths
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
Although not essential the above A Levels lend themselves well to a career in accountancy due to them being analytical/data heavy.
- Accountancy & Finance
- Science based degrees
Although many other degrees can be relevant, particularly data or research based.
What you can expect to be doing as a Trainee Accountant at Cottons:
- Preparing account files from client records
- Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing personal and corporation tax returns
- Learning different accounting software
- Liaising with clients
- Learning & developing commercial skills
Further study for a professional qualification:
You will be either starting the AAT – Association of Accounting Technicians
Or moving straight onto ACA – Association of Chartered Accountants
We would discuss your options with you and all study is fully supported financially and with time off for revision and exams.
Apply here for Training positions:
What we offer:
- Career mapping, so you are in control of where you are going and how you are progressing.
- Technical and commercial training at every step.
- A wide variety of work and clients, to ensure you gain varied exposure to all elements of your role.
- We will nurture particular interests whether it be tax, audit, business advisory, commercial skills or corporate finance.
- You will be in a supportive and knowledgeable team, with Partner involvement from day one.
- Flexible working – we recognise peoples need for a work/life balance and respect our staffs ability to manage their own time.
- Regular appraisals and performance reviews, with pay rises in line with progression.
- A discretionary annual bonus.
Review our current opportunities for live roles, if you do not see something suitable for you, please submit a speculative application.